BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Catholic School or Public School

So today Bruce and I went to our church and officially transferred our membership from the church where Delanie was baptized and we were married to the church we have been attending for the last five years. While we were there we heard about this pretty amazing program that made Catholic school for Delanie a little more realistic for us. You can actually by gift cards at the catholic school for stores like Menards, Hy Vee, and gas stations. You then take the gift cards and use them just like cash. The school writes down a child's name and 5% of the gift card goes to the school. 1.5% of that can go towards a child's tuition. Now whether this was for my child or another child I thought that this was a pretty amazing program. It made me wonder why I wasn't doing this all along while she was growing up! Had I known of such a program, I would have been more on top of buying the gift cards for every run to the grocery store, etc. So here I am again. Where do I send my child next fall for kindergarten? Yes, it would be wonderful to have her at the school I work at. However, I am in two different buildings. I am a bit of a self proclaimed helicopter mom just a little bit! I think that might be hard for me to back off of things if she was right there in front of me! It would be pretty amazing to have that foundation that the Catholic school system has to offer. As for now, Delanie has kindergarten screening set up for March 21st. That is a month and half away. So I suppose I better get on it and make my final decision!

0 comments: