BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 14, 2013

New Hobby

Lately I have thrown myself into the food fight! I have always pushed healthy eating, but lately I have really tried to make changes. I have been following the food industry and the fact that so many companies are fighting against labeling GMO foods. I side with the fact that they should! I have also just recently found out they will no longer be able to use antibiotics in organic apples. There is so very much to learn. Another thing I have been preparing for is the fact that Delanie is going to be in kindergarten next fall which means lots of packed lunches! I am not a big fan of processed foods. There are a lot of ideas out there online and I am looking forward to the challenge! I have her lunchbots coming in the mail on Tuesday. Delanie and I have been making different "green smoothies". I have found we can make them, fill silicone containers, and freeze them. I can pop those into a lunch box and it should thaw by lunch for her. I am excited to also try some fruit and yogurt recipes. We went through the process of making homemade almond coconut milk, which can be a bit of a process and only lasts three days in the fridge so we are back to store bought. (Blue diamond brand only) One of the things I have learned:) However all of them available in our area have carageenan in it, which I despise. Hopefully companies will start taking this out of food and drink sooner than later. If you are interested in some great websites, check into foodbabe.com, 100daysofrealfood.com, and livingmaxwell.com. These are my main go to sites that I love and trust!

0 comments: